to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Mar 28, 2011

cluster of Stockholm galleries

It's a sunny day, perfect to do a decent walk to Vasastaden, the northwest part of Stockholm.  On the internet I found a few galleries located in the same street, enough to make me curious.


The building looks promising, reminds me of similar buildings housing galleries in Montreal and Zürich.  I go for number 8 which turns out to be a passage to the back of the building.


It's a car park, no signs of galleries here.  Just this cry for help...


Back on the street I do find more, one needs to look a bit harder...
And I am lucky.  It happens that all of the exhibitions are in their last days, sometimes I turn up in between exhibitions and just stare at empty rooms or closed doors.






Esko Männikkö (FIN) - "Harmony Sisters"












upstairs









Karin Broos




more stairs





Lena Johansson - "Taking the long way"





around the corner



Ville Lenkkeri - "Dreams and Awakenings"





and next to it



Stina Rosenberg - "Willingly Bound"





related post
Belgo-Montreal

No comments: