to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Sep 22, 2011

my kind of roof garden

The aim of our trip to the Loire is not a sightseeing tour of the castles as one might think, but to visit the 20th edition of the International Garden Festival that takes place on the grounds of ... a castle.

My instant favourite among 26 gardens : Lucy in the Sky as I had no trouble imagining this on top of a roof in the city.  This garden highlights the possibilities of an urban soilless garden.

So join me and take the elevator to the roof top...















































Designers

Chilpéric DE BOISCUILLE - Raphaëlle CHERE - Pauline SZWED - Benjamin HAUPAIS


20th International Garden Festival
Domaine de Chaumont-sur-Loire
until 16 October 2011
more walks through contemporary gardens to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sonny would love this, i think,
Leen