to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 29, 2008

I found my chair

In between the stalls of Doubtful Design, the secondhand design market in Antwerp, I found this.

Last year someone gave me a similar chair but in black, only the seat cushion was missing (no problem, I recovered a black cushion from another chair, very similar to the original one - although I had no idea of how that looked). I'd never seen a chair like this before and I had no idea where it came from. So I was pleasantly surprised to see these standing outside a small but lovely little vintage design shop called Solar-shop (I thought I had a link to this one but I can't find it).
The owner told me they were from a Belgian designer called Rudi Verhelst. I'm pleased that my swivel chair finally has a name, because I really like it and it's perfect at my desk.



No comments: