to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 29, 2008

Doubtful Design

In Antwerp yesterday - Doubtful Design - the secondhand design market.
a collection of seventies ceramics, mainly West German Pottery

chairs everywhere, in all colours, shapes and sizes


As a child I loved this logo of a cigarette brand, the billboards on the walls where so attractive. But the story of the Belgian model in the picture is a tragic one.

A Rietveld House. Many years ago I would not have resisted this as I was making doll's houses back then.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Some gorgeous things there! Looks like a fantastic place to go. Is it still on nowadays? We travel over to Germany a lot to buy West German Pottery so it'd be something I'd like to visit. Emma :)

hildA said...

Hi Emma,
The next Dubieus (doubtful) Design market will be on 26 June 2011 in Antwerp - Belgium.
more info in this link :
http://www.winkelhaak.be/sitepages/#/expo/dubieus-design
Wishing you a great hunt
hildA