to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Feb 17, 2009

Jurjen Ravenhorst at Affordable Art Fair

We visited the Affordable Art Fair this weekend in Brussels. Unfortunately at the wrong hour. It was far too crowded to get a proper view on the artworks. On our way out we realized we had been lucky, new visitors were queueing up in a 40 meter long line.
It was not obvious to get decent pictures. I tried. I'll post a few in the next days.



wall-objects by Jurjen Ravenhorst

at Chiefs & Spirits Gallery - Netherlands

I can't explain why, but I was particularly drawn to these wall-sculptures - or 3D paintings. They really don't show well in the picture (thanks Jurjen for your kind cooperation).

I should have taken some close-ups but was too disturbed by the crowd, it makes me nervous. Better next time.

more posts on AAF Brussels HERE

No comments: