to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Aug 18, 2007

chairs for circus school



The chair project initiated by my neighbour, ceramic artist Anita Huybens, raised funds for the Palestinian Circus School.


Last September, I invited a few very enthusiastic artistic and creative people in my studio to make the first chairs for the project. The vibe spread like a virus, in the end more than 400 artists (500? we lost count) joined the project. The craziest chairs popped up from everywhere. The happening in March where the chairs were for sale was a huge success and it was a memorable day for all the people involved. The last chairs are waiting for a new home.


update 2 february 2008

other enthusiastic, creative and artistic people continue the project
more chairs here

No comments: