to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Aug 20, 2007

genealogy part II


second work in the Genealogy series
The work Genealogy is about Identity and Personality : in what amount do the (in this case) tragic lives of these ancestors still have an influence on my personality. I have this curiosity about who these persons were, is there a resemblance in nature? Which part of my character is connected to what these persons, who I never knew, experienced. The tragic events certainly moulded the character of their only orphaned child, who passed on her experience to her children, and so on. Without their existence I just wouldn't exist. But they are still strangers to me.
And the final question : is it important to know one's ancestors to have an identity or understand one's nature?

No comments: