to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 15, 2011

Colourful crafts in Füssen

Western Bavaria, a small town called Füssen.  The central street towards the castle is very crowded but the side streets are deserted.


Cheerful colours make my day.



We almost walked past this small passage along the main shopping street, but something dragged me into it...



... wooden sculptures invite you to go and explore ...



... more ...



... no, it isn't a dog that just walked past, it rained a few hours ago...




A small garden leads towards a studio/shop.





I love the bold colours and rough texture of the wood.  I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the artist.  I picked up a leaflet of a wood sculptor, but looking at his site I don't think he's the one who made these.


There is more colour ... vibrant and radiant

Gorgeous leather bags...








More delicious bags by Mielie and here is their BLOG





Another colourful designer with bags, upholstery and lampshades...



Barbara Gottschalk




I think these furry rucksacks are stunning...

Don't have the name of the designer.

I missed taking pictures of unique wooden items, jewelry and more beautiful designs.  A little treasure cove...




On our way out of this tiny but delightful shop ...



Reichenstrasse 22
D-87629 Füssen - Germany
Owner Andrea Stahl will start a blog to keep the newest arrivals online.  As soon as this happens I'll fill in the missing details...

No comments: