to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Mar 11, 2011

road signs moving into the galleries

I think I fell in love... with the works of Fernando Costa.
He uses metal and enamel public road signs to create abstract or figurative works.  I'm attracted by the - usually - very old signs with a 'vintage' feeling.


Fernando Costa (FR)





Fernando Costa





Fernando Costa (left) - Hervé Perdriel (right) - Fred Bred (part of works in the centre) at Gallery Art Jingle Contemporary





This must have been one of the cutest roadsigns ever which makes it my favourite. 
Fernando Costa - detail of a larger work





'related post'
The image of the car on the roadsign reminds me of these cuties


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

good work,
Leen

Anonymous said...

wonderfull work
Steph