to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Feb 8, 2008

paralysis

As some might have noticed, my good habit of posting daily in the previous months has changed. Unfortunately. I seem to be in a state of paralysis what regards my creativity and production. Loads of ideas in my mind, various techniques and objects in there, but for some reason the hands won't follow.
So, I decided to pick up some minor projects that were never finished, would be a good time to actually do something useful.

This chair was one of the so many for last years chair project : covering the whole chair with crochet.
Now let's finish this.
And this month, please.
I'll post it when it is finished, so you will know if I kept my promise.

2 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

I can't wait to see the finished chair! I am intrigued with crochet used in a fresh and unusual way!

hildA said...

Hi Denise,

thank you for your visit and comment.
it will take more time to finish this chair as I decided to use this particular chair in another way. it is part of a duo, and I intend to build them together. so I had to find another similar build chair to fit my crochet on. I found one, continued crocheting, until I thought I had a better idea for that chair also; it became the patchwork chair (see my flickr). so now I have to look out for another chair that is similar so that I still can use the crochet. I really intend to make it ... first find the apt chair and hope I don't change my ideas for that one.