to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jan 6, 2008

Dirk Eelen - colourful artist

Whenever I get the chance to visit an artists studio during open studio days I'm like a child on Christmas Eve, I can't get enough of it. I could stay for hours looking at colours, textures, shapes, material and hume the scents of oils and paints.


I love this accidental double portrait with the sketch on the wall

an idea of the size of the paintings, with Dirk Eelen next to it. Click his name to see all of his works


quirky details


again, to give an idea of the size, my man posing between two paintings



well, this is an artists studio after all

type his name in the search this blog on top right of page to view all posts on this artist.

No comments: