to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Sep 25, 2008

travelling

Wim, my husband, has to be in Montreal-Canada for 3 days, so we decided it was a nice opportunity to turn this into a short vacation, adding extra days to visit Québec.
So we're off on the train Brussels-Paris...

... and next on the plane to Montreal. I just need to have a window seat. I've got my nose against the window almost the whole duration of the flight. Checking if I recognise anything in the landscape below me - first France (obviously) then England with the lakes of the midlands and the Northern part of Ireland. And over the ocean looking at the wonderful pattern and colours of the clouds ( Sonny, you're not the only one who is cloud-crazy).
And this was just too great, a sunset that lasted for hours and hours....


Coming up through the clouds ...
... hours later ...
... more hours later ...
... yes, ... an almost never ending sunset ...

... until the night finally managed to catch up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine it feels good to have some holydays after the last few weeks.
The "everlasthing" sunset is marvellous.

hildA said...

thanks Wim.
and yes, you're right. My mind needs a break from the everyday routine, I want to give the past events a proper place in my heart. After Montreal, visiting Canada's gorgeous outdoors will be very helpfull.

Anonymous said...

how much fun is it