to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 9, 2011

Haus der Kunst - Munich

A museum build by Nazis to glorify German Art.


Open to international modern art in present times.




 Chinese artist Ai Weiwei - a call for release 


It is lunch time, the back side of the museum has a very large terrace with a café.  The seats in the picture are for a night event at the museum.


I'm heading to the Goldene Bar for a nice lunch.  I have the impression the chairs might be original from the time this was built.  I didn't ask.




Part of the Golden Bar inside which is ... very golden.  All four walls + the ceiling.



Even the modern lounge area glows in a golden light.  But the weather is too nice to sit inside.



And while I'm waiting for my food ...



I discover unusual features...




Don't have pictures of the exhibitions, photographing wasn't allowed.




No comments: