to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Dec 11, 2007

eco-friendly decoration

Every room in our house has a different atmosphere. I'm at home all day, so I like to be able to 'travel' from one room to the next. According to the season or my moods I will spend more time in one room or the other. The decoration will be different in each space.
The upstairs landing is used as a library, since the space is very big. The Christmas decoration here is according to the theme of the room. The idea of the paper pendants came from a Marie Claire Idées some years ago and they are very easy to make.
The pictures on the wall are enlarged copies - on very thin almost transparent paper - of our family portraits. Pasted on the wall it almost looks like they're painted on it as you don't really see the paper edges. I prefer this to loads of small frames, I don't need to take the dust off these. They're just perfect on this flight of stairs.

No comments: