to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Nov 30, 2007

my Holy Trinity - part III - Friedensreich Hundertwasser

Hundertwasser
architect and painter




It was love at first sight, the first time I saw the columns that Austrian painter and architect Hundertwasser uses to support the buildings he creates. It was somewhere in Germany. The pictures in the slideshow above were taken in Vienna - Austria, some of them at the Kunsthaus Wien.

The picures in the slideshow on the right part of the page show my own version, I keep calling them columns even though they are a lot smaller. They are named "Honderdwater" , this is Hundertwassers' name translated in Flemish. In English it would be "Hundredwater". It is my hommage to him.

my smaller version of a column inspired by Hundertwasser

No comments: