to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jul 15, 2011

a stroll through Ghent

Magnificent gate! in a tiny silent street with small old houses.





discrete street art





exceptional gable with colourful ceramics (I think)






and its older counterpart




The streetlights on Sint Veerleplein are connected to the maternity hospitals in the city of Ghent.
Every time the light slowly flashes
a child is born.

none was born while we were looking...














While trying to capture a monochrome picture, a passing yellow balloon decided it wasn't a good idea.





a hint of Magritte...





windows come in all shapes and sizes.





and a bit of romantic nostalgia.





work by a hungry streetartist?






a few fleamarket impressions...


I love how different objects create unexpected scenes...





a thirsty statue...





a match made in heaven...





spooky caramels next to the royal family...





my husband remembers this kind of cheese box...





and I remember we had similar eggcups when I was a child... still have some of them





a bookseller shows the versatility of books...





the cutest wooden angels in a van...





and a dog whith a strange companion.



No comments: