to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Aug 31, 2010

meanwhile in my studio...

... things aren't going the way I'd like.
I am missing a few pieces to finish a new work for the upcoming exhibition in October (info on the top right of the page), but things will work out pretty soon.
I'm somewhat distracted by a recent acquisition : a box full of discarded, broken, dirty toys.  If there is anything I just can't throw away it is old toys.  Symbolizing our early childhood, worn out toys tell a story.  They've been played with so often, by happy children and by the ones not so fortunate.  I want to capture and preserve the happy moments and the moments of consolation hidden under the dirt and the scratches.
Here's a sneak preview of what unexpectedly came out of the studio this afternoon...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking good, love the colors!
Leen

ladyinpurple said...

I agree...lively and vibrant colors!