to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jul 27, 2010

Eurode art tour ... with delay

With some delay (only by 2 months, oops) a few pictures of an art tour we visited while in the area visiting my father.  It took place in a town on the Germany-Netherlands border.

First of all we went to see François du Plessis latest Book Stories (previous post).

I found the tiny sculptures and installations of Claudia Breuer quite charming.
She creates scenes with the tiniest creatures.





Discover Claudia Breuer's unique world of drawings, photography, installations and objects on her site by clicking her name.


paintings by Alfred Reuters



detail of painting by Carl Thomas



detail of sculpture by Brele Scholz



mixed media by Lex van Wijk




This painting caught my attention because of the scene seen from the window right next to it ... the vertical and horizontal lines of both next to one another were quite striking.  I'm sorry I forgot the name of the artist - if someone knows I'll gladly add it with link if their is one.

Click on artists' names to link to their work.
Seen at Eurode Art Tour 2010 - Kerkrade-Herzogenrath / Netherlands-Germany

No comments: