to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Oct 20, 2011

Krijn Giezen - resourceful artist

Temperatures are dropping outside, first frost is predicted the coming night.  Preparing our home for the coming winter blankets are released from chests, patchworks I made from skirts, blouses and odd pieces of fabric regain their place on the seats.

When I saw the patchworks made by Krijn Giezen I gasped for air, these stunning pieces literally took my breath away.  He made them end 1950'. 


Can't keep my eyes from this one, I'd love it on my wall if only I had a wall large enough...



detail







detail







detail












detail







detail


detail with signature


retrospective exhibition
Verbeke Foundation - Kemzeke - Belgium
until 30 October 2011

other works in a future post

No comments: