to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 3, 2008

World Design - Dublin

Against my habit (but there is a first time for everything) I do a post on a shop - World DESIGN I found it while in Dublin. Although it is quite small I could spend hours looking at the beautiful and very well executed items for sale.
World Design Dublin is an African retail concept store showcasing contemporary, functional, African craft with universal appeal.


The exquisitely made range reflects the quirky signature of African design. The individually crafted pieces glow with sophistication and vitality.

Hand-made products are the new luxury in this world of over-designed mass production.

World Design supports Fair Trade and believes that by marketing and trading hand-made African products we move towards a more balanced global community. A better World.
These beaded figures are from Monkeybiz - South Africa. A desire to create employment for 450 disadvantaged women in Cape Town has led to the creation of Monkeybiz South Africa - a non-profit organisation.



No comments: