to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jan 11, 2011

lovely bits of wood

We are longing for a nice cup of coffee and head for the wine bar La Trastienda in Javea.  Leen promised me a nice surprise and it was.  I am definetely in love with the work of Alvaro Tamarit, we saw a few smaller pieces of his art at the Affordable Art Fair in Brussels last year (click HERE) and since he is a local I was looking forward to see more of his work.





Furniture made from scrap wood.





A bookshelf/sculpture made from scrap wood.  This hasn't left my mind ever since we saw this last week.





I love the softness of the wood, it somehow reminds me of adobe buildings we saw in New Mexico.





Collages and sculptures by Alvaro Tamarit.





Detail of one of the collages, sorry for the low quality of the picture.


But this is only an appetizer.  A short distance from here is a great shop/gallery with a great selection of his work.  That will be the next post... saving the best until last.

No comments: