to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Feb 15, 2008

Artisans - Open Studio days

I know what I would like to do this sunday : visit studios !!!
one of my addictions.
more than 450 artisans throughout the whole country open the doors to their studios on
Sunday 17 February 2008
dag van de Ambachten
wood, stone, earth, leather, fashion & textiles, floral art, metal, jewelry, paper - graphic arts, glass, musical instruments paintings, delicatessen & drinks (!!!) and more ...
click HERE to see the list and program
Jewelry by Veerle Deneef
I'm really not happy with this picture, it is taken through a window, but the appointment with the artist to make better pictures failed. So this is the only thing I can show you.


A few months ago I met five craftsmen/women who will open their studios too. I remember seeing skillful hands turning waste material into gorgeous and amazing knives, here is the link to the pictures I made back then.

Tijdens de Dag van de ambachten op zondag 17 februari stellen de zes kunstenaars van de ‘Feestgalanterieën’ de deuren van hun ateliers open voor het publiek. Sinds hun kennismaking in 2006 werden de ‘Feestgalanterieën’ een concept dat uitgroeide tot een hecht en begeester(en)d team. Een multidisciplinaire groep met een open geest, vol samenwerking en kruisbestuiving. Wat hen verbindt is de passie voor hun ambacht: flamboyante juwelen (Veerle De Neef), feestelijke verlichtingsornamenten (Erik Reynders), stijlvolle hoeden (Anke Tacq), adembenemende bloemsierkunst (Hilde Pollet), kunstzinnige foto's (Fie Vandevin), scherpe messen (Tim Wagendorp)… De ideale gelegenheid om deze zes vaklui met eigen ogen aan het werk te zien.
Hopelijk tot dan!

No comments: