to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jan 30, 2008

Interior Inspiration

One of my favorite artists - Friedensreich Hundertwasser - states that the home is the third skin of a person
I think it is true that one's home and the way it is decorated reflects one's personality.
When seeing this house I thought the person living here must be a warm hearted, kind and peaceful person.


it is the home of Sas from the Netherlands
visit her wonderful house on Interior Inspiration
it is like going on a holiday in a relaxing and serene atmosphere

This is what she says,
For me decorating a house takes love and patience. You combine the different pieces like a jigsaw puzzle and in the end all the pieces united form a warm and welcoming home. As individuals we should be able to create our own style and that is a journey. But it is a very interesting and creative journey which leads us through different styles and possibilities and finally to our own personal style.

pictures by Sas from Interior Inspiration

2 comments:

Sas said...

Thank you Hilda for your warm comment it moved me :)

It is an honour to be mentioned on your beautiful and inspiring blog :))

Sas

hildA said...

thank you Sas, for letting me show your inspiring home