to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Dec 30, 2007

cairn - part 1

Cairns are artificial piles of stones, often in conical form. They are erected as landmarks, indicate paths across stony or barren terrain. Along hiking trails it is traditional for someone passing to add a stone. These cairns are found all over the world in mountainous regions.

these 'cairns' marked the entrance to the site were Guy Forge had his sculptures during the art tour in Tourinnes-la-Grosse. I like this picture because it shows only stones. Man-made like the bricks of the wall in the back, the others from nature but still manipulated by men, into pavement or built up in a 'cairn'.
And of course, it needs no more explanation why I'm drawn to this : my obsession with piled up objects.
all posts on the art tour Fêtes de la Saint-Martin : click HERE

No comments: