to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Oct 29, 2007

coco lights up

stripped dried willow branch
shards of antique pottery; some of them centuries old

(previous generations living in this house would throw their broken pottery into the garden, the sharp edges were supposed to keep the moles away)




enlarged copies of personal photographs
I used the pictures I shot of details in the Gaudi bench in Park Guell - Barcelona, it worked well with the shards
a few months ago Australian Coco Lily was here for a few weeks and during her visit I replaced the mosaic pictures with hers - this is the fun thing with this lighting, I can replace the lampshades with any photo I like and adapt it to my moods
Eco-lights (low voltage, no heat), don't try to do this with normal bulbs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my willow branch lights, they are so beautiful, found them here: Willow Branch Lights