to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Sep 12, 2007

stAAApel-gek




don't judge me too hard on this one, I'm not a graphic designer
it is only to show you how stAAApel-gek is actually written : a triple A 'piled up'. I don't have this letter on my computer and that is why in my blog I write it like AAA, but I'm not too happy with that.
The AAA's piled up refer to my madness of putting things on top of each other. Stapel meaning pile-up; gek meaning crazy. Stapelgek in one word means : mad as a ...
I know some people will have a Freudian explanation for the fact of making vertical piled-up things, but I simply think that objects take less space piled up than next to each other.
Making this logo was more a crafty business (remember I'm not a graphic d..), playing with a piece of green fabric, red paper cut outs to make the mosaic, a piece of grey leather for the grout and a piece of almost transparent yellow paper. The whole lot on the copier, and there it was. The yellow-red-green is for the Good Mood lights; the inverted colours are for the Honderdwaters (I will have to explain this name also, but I guess that you already have a clue).

No comments: